Posted on 11 Oct 2016
Shoei have revealed their new RYD helmets which is said to be released in April 2017.
The Shoei RYD are available in four shell sizes (XS-S, M, L, XL-XXL), The helmet has a removable interior comfort system which is washable, replaceable and adjustable. As it 3D shaped it will match the contour of the rider's head providing a comfortable fit.
It will be available in 6 different colours : Tangerine Orange , Matte Blue, Matte Deep Grey, Matte Black, Basalt Grey and White. There is not much information out yet, however we picked up their premium brochure at INTERMOT and managed to get some exclusive details about the upcoming SHOEI RYD helmet.
- Shell in AIM
- EPS-liner system with multiple densities
- Mist-retardant CWR-1 Pinlock visor
- Double -D-Ring
- E.Q.R.S Security System
- 4 different outer shell constructions
- 3D center pad detachable washable
- Cheekpads detachable, washable
- Chinstrap cover detachable, washable
- Ear pads
- Prepared for intercom installation
- Multple venting and extraction
- 3 inlets on brow and chin
- 2 Outlets at the rear
- Integrated Spoiler
- 14 different visors
- Cheek Pads
- Centre Pad
- Breath Guard
- Chin Curtain
- Original Shoei Helmet Bag
Shoei tend to improve and renovate their helmets every year which makes them one of the most popular helmet brands. The SHOEI RYD is definitely an excellent alternative to the SHOEI NXR.